As of June 1, 2020, the Long Trail School location for information on returning to campus will be on this website’s Opening 2020 page (see link to the right).
Our COVID-19 Response
May 15, 2020 — Governor Phil Scott signed Addendum 14, a Be Smart, Stay Safe order to extend the State of Emergency to June 15 and update previous emergency orders to reflect re-openings and eased restrictions announced in recent weeks.
April 13, 2020 — LTS Dean of Academics Mary Ellen Mega directed all students and faculty to step away from eLearning for a much-needed weeklong break from the demands of our very successful online learning transition.
March 26, 2020 — Governor Phil Scott directed schools to remain dismissed through the end of the 2019-2020 school year. Districts will close schools for in-person instruction and be required to implement continuity of learning plans for remote learning. This extends the Governor’s previous directive dismissing PreK-12 schools from March 18 to April 6.
March 17, 2020 — The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a complex and evolving situation. Long Trail’s highest priority is to protect and maintain the health and safety of our students, families, and faculty. We are socially and ethically responsible to consider the needs of our greater communities. As leading public health officials have shared, to combat the spread of this pandemic, we all need to engage in social-distancing strategies. Due to these concerns, Long Trail School closed its physical campus and shifted to eLearning.
Information on Long Trail's eLearning Program
- 5.6.20: Letter from Dean of Academics Mary Ellen Mega on Quarter 4 Grades and Exams
- 4.6.2020: Letter from Board Chair John Moser
- 4.6.20: Long Trail School Continuity of Learning Plan – Most recent copy filed with the Vermont Agency of Education
- 3.27.2020: Letter from HOS Seth Linfield on In-Person Learning Canceled 2019-20 Academic Year by Gov. Phil Scott
- 3.25.2020: Letter from HOS Seth Linfeld on the Extension of Distance Learning
- 3.19.2020: Letter from HOS Seth Linfield on Sharing Reliable Information
- 3.15.2020: Letter from HOS Seth Linfield on Distance Learning Initiative
- 3.12.2020: Letter from HOS Seth Linfield on Covid-19 Preparations