Come Grow with Us!
There are two main pieces of your LTS application: a full day visit and a completed application including supporting documents.
Contacting us to set up your visit is the first step in your Long Trail journey. The day of classes is your student’s chance to explore our campus, connect with students, get a feel for our academics, arts and athletic opportunities. On a regular LTS day, your child will soak in our distinct school culture.
Parents are encouraged to share in the visit day experience with their child. You can attend our all-school morning meeting, tour the campus with Director of Admission Katie Redding, and meet Seth Linfield, our Head of School, and other school leaders in your area of interest. Our wonderful team of professionals are eager to hear about what you seek in a school, and how we can fulfill your child’s dreams. We can’t wait to host your family on the day you explore Long Trail School.
Parents apply through TADS. We will ask for the email address of your child’s math and English teachers and send them a recommendation form that is returned directly to us. Please note that there is a $35 fee due upon completion of the online parent application.
- VISIT Day and WRAT-4* TESTING
- PARENT APPLICATION (completed online in TADS using link above)
- STUDENT APPLICATION – Students complete the Middle School application or Upper School application in their own handwriting. Completed student applications can be scanned and emailed to the Director of Admission Katie Redding, or mailed to school at 1045 Kirby Hollow Rd, DOrset, VT 05251.
- MATH RECOMMENDATION (LTS sends to teachers and they send back directly to us)
- ENGLISH RECOMMENDATION (LTS sends to teachers and they send back directly to us)
- PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION (optional) – to be completed by an (non-family member) adult who knows the student and can share their knowledge of the student’s character, maturity and/or potential. Often the personal recommendation is from a coach, performing arts instructor, family friend, or caregiver.
- SCHOOL RECORDS – Please submit a copy of your student’s most recent report card and standardized testing results. Transcripts can be submitted by parents or by the school. If you need to submit a waiver to allow the school to send the transcripts, please sign the RELEASE OF RECORDS FORM and deliver to your student’s current school.
LTS administers the Wide Range Achievement Test-4 (WRAT-4) on visit day to help us better understand the student’s abilities and preferences as a learner. The WRAT-4 measures the basic academic skills of reading, spelling, mathematical computation, and sentence comprehension. Results from the WRAT-4 are used as a tool to learn about individual strengths and learner profiles. Note that additional testing may be required for math and language acceleration.
Applications can be submitted at any time in the fall, winter and spring for the following school year. There is an Early Decision opportunity with an application deadline of December 1. Financial Aid applications are due on March 15.
When your application is complete, it will be evaluated by our Admission Committee that is made up of a team of faculty and school leaders. We inform you of our decision as soon as possible. Once accepted, TADS will send you an email with a link to enroll and submit a deposit that reserves your student’s spot in their grade. Agreements are then sent out, including financial aid offers for accepted students. Signing your agreement and setting up a payment plan is the last step.
Keep In Touch!
We hope to see you back on campus very soon. We warmly welcome you to school events like college nights, parent socials, concerts, and our community dances.