Long Trail Family Network
We are excited to introduce the Long Trail Family Network. The LTFN reflects the evolution of the LTPA in light of increased enrollment and our impressive geographic diversity.
The main purpose of the LTFN is parent socialization and support for students and faculty.
There are four main emphases: Athletics; Arts; Academics & Student Experiences; and Advancement. Parents are invited to join the group(s) that most directly align with their interests.
Wednesday, April 21 via Zoom 6:00 pm
- The LTS Family Network will be dynamic and flexible.
- The Admissions Director and Director of Development will facilitate the network’s efforts. The Communications Manager and Director of Student Life will be key professionals to support the LTFN efforts.
- Groups will meet as needed.
- Each group should host 2-3 social gatherings per year.
- A Parent Leader will be appointed to each group. The Parent Leader will be the liaison to LTS.
- Athletics*(Director of Athletics)
- Athlete support (carpools, team breakfasts and dinners)
- Arts* (Arts Chair)
- Performer support (meals, costumes, etc.)
- Field trips
- Visiting artists
- Academics & Student Experiences (Dean of Academics & Director of Student Experiences):
- Faculty appreciation
- Professional development opportunities
- Guest speakers
- Student activities
- Field trips
- Internship and job Shadow opportunities for students
- Advancement**(Director of Development):
- Development and Admissions ambassadors and non-gala event planners
- Welcoming and engaging meaningfully with new families
- Continue to connect current families and strengthen and/or reinforce relationships with LTS.
*Fundraising proceeds will be returned back to the groups that raised the money.
**Advancement fundraising will fund Academic programs