Who can enter?
- Small Groups Advisories
- Grade Levels
- Community Members
How to enter:
Submit the short form above by Friday, October 22.
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
Size, construction, and display requirements:
- Scarecrows shall be built upon a base no larger than 4′ high, 3′ wide
- Scarecrows should be handmade and not purchased from a retailer.
- Scarecrows should be built to withstand the elements (wind, rain, sun).
- No weaponry, real or pretend, will be permitted and will be immediately removed.
- No flammable, electrical or battery-operated items can be used including, but not limited to tiki torches, gas-powered generators, lighting, etc.
- No political, religious, or offensive entries will be permitted.
- No handouts, promotional materials or free giveaways can be associated with a scarecrow or scarecrow entry.
- LTS is not responsible for anything damaged, lost, or stolen.
- LTS reserves the right to remove any scarecrow or scarecrow elements that do not meet these standards.
- Bring your fully assembled scarecrow to LTS between Wednesday, October 27 and Thursday, October 28.
- Label your Scarecrow with the names of those who constructed it!
- Set your Scarecrow up in the area around the patio, pizza oven, or the tree with the stone wall.
- Everyone is invited to vote.
- Voting will take place October 29 from 12:00pm – 7:00 p.m.
- An online form will be available on October 29 to cast your vote.
- Winners will be announced Monday, November 1.
- Winners of the Scarecrow Contest will be announced on Monday, November 1.
- Prizes for the top three scarecrows: 1st Place = $50, 2nd Place = $30, 3rd Place = $20
- Supplies suggestions: shirt, pants, buttons, hats, gloves, socks, glue, pillowcases, yarn, felt tip pens, rubberbands, safety pins, bamboo poles, ropes, craft wire, or hay (recycled shopping bags stuffed with newspapers or rags are good for stuffing).
- We strongly encourage you to visit your scarecrow for “check-ups” during the event.
- Please make any necessary repairs to keep your scarecrow looking its best.
- Remember, voting will be open from 12:00pm – 7:00 p.m on October 29.
Scarecrows MUST be picked up Monday, November 8 or it may be discarded.