Come Grow with Us!
Long Trail is open for all students to learn full-time. While we are not currently hosting students for visit days, the Office of Admission is open and actively engaging with new families.
There are two main pieces of your LTS application: a virtual meeting with Katie and a completed application including supporting documents.
Contacting the Director of Admission, Katie Redding, is the first step in your Long Trail journey. Katie will help you virtually explore LTS, and answer all of your questions. Head of School Seth Linfield and other school leaders in your area of interest are eager to join the call at your request. Our wonderful team of professionals can’t wait to meet you.
STUDENT MEETINGS: Katie is also setting up meetings with prospective students, current LTS students, teachers and student leaders. These meetings have been fun and a productive way for your child to explore our community through our people.
VISIT A CLASS: Our engaging faculty warmly welcome you to visit their online classes! Witness dynamic teaching and collaborative learning first-hand.
Submit an Application
Parents apply at TADS (orange button below). We will ask for the email address of your child’s math and English teachers and send them a recommendation form that is then returned directly to us. Please note that there is a $35 fee due upon completion of the online parent application.
- VIDEOCHAT with Katie
- PARENT APPLICATION (completed online in TADS using link above)
- STUDENT APPLICATION – Students complete the Middle School application or Upper School application in their own handwriting. Completed student applications can be scanned and emailed to the Director of Admission Katie Redding, or mailed to school at 1045 Kirby Hollow Rd, Dorset, VT 05251.
- MATH RECOMMENDATION (LTS sends an online form to teachers to complete)
- ENGLISH RECOMMENDATION (LTS sends an online form to teachers to complete )
- PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION (optional)
- SCHOOL RECORDS – Please submit a copy of your student’s most recent report card and standardized testing results. Transcripts can be submitted by parents or by the school. If you need to submit a waiver to allow the school to send the transcripts, please sign the RELEASE OF RECORDS FORM and deliver to your student’s current school.
When your application is complete, it will be evaluated by our Admission Committee that is made up of a team of faculty and school leaders. We inform you of our decision as quickly as possible. If accepted, see ENROLLMENT for your next steps.
Submission of standardized testing from your sending school is required. The Wide Range Achievement Test 4 (WRAT4) is optional. Applicants without standardized testing scores, or those seek to add to their application portfolio may sit for the WRAT on a Saturday at school or via Zoom.
*Note that additional testing may be required for math and language acceleration.
Applications can be submitted at any time in the fall, winter and spring for the following school year.