Long Trail bases the success of our athletic program not on wins but on the quality of the athlete’s experience. To help ensure the greatest possible experience, Long Trail strives to provide the best possible coaching, facilities and equipment as well as to schedule competitions against optimally challenging opponents. Athletes also share responsibility in creating a positive experience by supplying commitment, enthusiasm and dedication. This means attending, with a positive attitude, ALL possible practices, games and team events. This is especially true of varsity level student-athletes. If a student-athlete knows s/he will miss a team function, s/he must let the coach or Athletic Director know ahead of time.
As a member of the Vermont Principals’ Association, we adhere to their guidelines regarding athletic programs. To be eligible to participate in our athletic program, athletes need to make sure they have submitted a completed Physical Exam Form and Athletic Participation From.
• Fall: Varsity Soccer, Varsity Cross Country, Golf
• Winter: Varsity Basketball, Rock Climbing (2022), Dance (2022)
• Spring: JV Softball, Ultimate Frisbee, Varsity Track & Field
• Fall: Soccer, Cross Country, Golf
• Winter: Basketball, Rock Climbing (2022), Dance (2022)
• Spring: Ultimate Frisbee, Track & Field
Long Trail School’s athletic schedules and directions can be found online:
• Each sport has its own webpage with practice information, rosters, equipment list and a link to the game schedule.
In August, there is a mandatory athletics information night for all fall athletes and at least one parent. Pre-season practices begin mid-August for varsity sports.
Once classes start, all practices for upper and middle school sports run every day, Monday through Friday, that school is in session. Practices Monday through Thursday run from 3:10 pm to 4:45 pm. Friday practices run from 12:45 to 2:45 pm.
See the Student and Parent Handbook for Athletic Policies.